Someone will perhaps object to what I’m about to say…others no doubt, will agree and hold these words as close to their heart as I do.
Reflections such as these can only come from a woman who looks into her child’s eyes and not only sees the whole universe, but the very essence of herself.
But what about in your eyes?
Most can agree that when you look at a good mother…you’re looking at the highest form of selflessness. She is the most fantastic example of what caring for someone other than herself should look like.
Now let me say this with the greatest care…frankly, a mother with the vision to see past her circumstances will do whatever it takes to ensure her children are financially cared for. Nor should any attempt be made by anyone to try and thwart the intensity of unconditional love she readily shows for what has come from her.
I believe that some take for granted the depths of motherhood and how it exceeds far beyond anything else known to man. Mothers will do anything for their children by any means necessary.
With that being said, and as far as my observations go…
ONE of the MOST important things to a MOTHER whether she’s married OR single is making sure she is in a position that ENSURES her children are financially taken care of.
What does that look like to someone on the outside looking in?
Let’s take a look at it…
1. She has skills that make her marketable to either be employed by someone or work for herself.
2. She understands and actively practices saving money for her future and her children. She might only be able to put away $20.00 each paycheck…but she’s saving so she doesn’t live “from paycheck to paycheck.”
3. If she decides to marry…she chooses a mate who is willing and capable of providing for her and any children they may have. This mate would share in the belief that financial health is important to the structure of a family.
4. If she divorces and her spouse was the breadwinner…without question, she actively pursues financial support for their offspring and uses those funds for THEM…not her.
5. She doesn’t spend money on a man when it should be spent on her kids.
If you could add to this list…what would you include? What are your thoughts…comment and share.
Remember…there’s no greater joy than being a mama.
In all things, stay encouraged.
Bradley turned TWO!!!?? Watch his VIDEO.
Eeeeeek!! It’s August already!! There’s nothing that makes me happier than seeing my little one year old having some fun on the porch in his kiddie pool. I believe in starting him out slow…then gradually graduating to the big pool. Small steps for my little fish.
Holiday Projects for his 1st Christmas:
I originally saw this idea online…it’s a perfect way to showcase the blessing of your baby during Christmas. I used a clear plastic ball ornament…filled it with his hospital cap, our I.D tags, and I actually kept the piece of his dried umbilical cord once it fell off at home…yep, added that in there too. When the hustle and bustle of Christmas is over, store all your baby’s 1st Christmas memorabilia in a keepsake box to use again in the years to come.
Hobby Lobby is my go to store for EVERYTHING CRAFTY…get felt letters to add to your project…iron and wallah!
My little man is now 5 months old and has a fascination with his feet…shoes or no shoes ha ha! These are really tasty though…
Your child is only as healthy and happy as you are…let that motivate you to be at your best today.